Coalitions/Personnel Manager at American Moment
Position Type: Staff
Disclaimer: American Moment is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and complies with all state and federal regulations relating to hiring practices.
Position Title: Manager — Coalitions and Personnel
Location: Washington, DC
Job Summary: The Coalitions/Personnel Manager will primarily be responsible for cultivating relationships with employers, prospective employees, and other prospects locally, regionally, and nationally. This person will also be responsible for maintaining positive relationships with allied organizations, institutions, and groups, as well as the people who run them. The person in this role will drive our mission of identifying, educating, and credentialing young Americans who will implement public policy that supports strong families, a sovereign nation, and prosperity for all. A competitive candidate will share our organizational values of resilience, innovation, and virtue in both their personal and professional capacity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate relationships with employers on the Hill and at allied institutions, organizations, and companies that seek to further the founding principles core to American Moment’s mission.
- Understand American Moment’s ecumenical nature, and be willing to build strategic coalitions with organizations who may not be 100% ideologically aligned with American Moment.
- Develop relationships with employee prospects to refer to allied institutions, organizations, and companies that seek to further the founding principles core to American Moment’s mission.
- Cultivate participants in the Fellowship for American Statecraft.
- Manage American Moment’s custom-developed database solution within Salesforce, ensuring that data on employers/employees/donors is up-to-date and tagged properly.
- Assist the President of American Moment in writing fundraising documents, proposals, and other materials.
- Manage the President of American Moment’s meeting schedule and professional calendar.
- Manage the American Moment office on Capitol Hill, ensuring supplies are well-stocked.
- Work with the Chief Creative Officer of American Moment on posting “Moment of Truth,” American Moment’s flagship podcast, on all platforms.
- Collaborate with the Chief Operations Officer on reserving/managing meeting space and property.
- Help a growing startup with any needs that may arise, recognizing the need for broad-base collaboration among all staff and departments.
Education and Experience: Candidates for this position are not expected to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, however strong preference will be given to candidates who have proven experience managing relationships, executing processes, and taking on responsibility.
Abilities and Competencies Essential to The Function of The Job:
- Communication and Comprehension
- Skilled in development of employment opportunities, career counseling, and solving problems of a complex nature.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to network and establish relationships with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of programs including to Microsoft Office Suite 365 (and its equivalents), Salesforce, WordPress, etc.
- Proven record of public speaking is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail are essential to this job.
- Problem Solving
- Able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex nature.
- Physical and Sensory Abilities
- Occasionally required to travel to local, regional, and national locations.
- Frequently required to sit (or stand) for extended periods to perform office work or type on a keyboard.
- Regularly required to hear and speak in order to effectively communicate orally.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb stairs to move about the building/attend meetings/events.
- Handle materials, reach overhead, kneel, or stoop in order to conduct business.
- Occasionally lift 40 or fewer pounds.
- Experience working with executive leadership internally and externally.
- Proven writing skills developing proposals and related documents.
- Established network of allies and friends on the Hill and in allied organizations, non-profits, and companies.
- Limited/professional social media presence.
- 40 hours per week — Occasional overtime.