NEWS—American Moment's flagship program, the Fellowship for American Statecraft, is expanding beyond its initial scope of Summer programming to nearly year-round programming, fulfilling the organization's goal to bring the highest-paid Fellowship program in Washington to more people.
After a successful first three years of programming with over 40 graduates, American Moment is adding Spring and Fall programs to its lineup. Applications are open now for the Spring program, which will run from February 16 to May 3, 2024.
The Fellowship for American Statecraft is unlike any other program in Washington — and the first of its kind. American Moment organizes and pays accepted Fellows $3,000 per month for the summer and places them at an internship either on Capitol Hill or in the public policy non-profit sphere in Washington, D.C. The program does not require a college degree for admission.
In a recent Politico Magazine profile on American Moment, Rachel Bovard, an American Moment Board of Advisors Member and the current Executive Director of the Senate Steering Committee, “said that [the Fellowship] is unique in producing Republican staffers who are ideologically aligned with the populist-nationalist line and genuinely knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the legislative process on Capitol Hill. ‘They are here to scrap,’ Bovard said, ‘a lot of programs in D.C. [offer] training that people just sort of do as a box checking exercises, … but everything that Saurabh and Nick do for their program is designed around building up a set of intellectual and practical skills that [fellows] can use in Washington.’
Kevin Roberts, the President of the Heritage Foundation and a regular speaker at Fellowship for American Statecraft programming, also praised American Moment’s Fellowship program, saying “The junior people that they’re investing in now … are going to be the mid-career and late-career senior officials of a presidential administration in the 2030s and 2040s. That hasn’t happened ever in the conservative movement.”
The Fellowship program boasts an unmatched series of regular high-profile speakers from across the conservative movement, including:
- Elbridge Colby, Co-Founder and Principal of The Marathon Initiative and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy and Force Development in the Trump Administration
- Will Ruger, President of the American Institute for Economic Research and President Trump’s nominee for Ambassador of Afghanistan
- David Azerrad, Assistant Professor and Research Fellow at Hillsdale College’s Graduate School of Government
- Russell T. Vought, President of the Center for Renewing America and former Director of the Office of Management and Budget in the Trump Administration.
- Rachel Bovard, Executive Director of the Senate Steering Committee
- Helen Andrews, Senior Editor of The American Conservative and author of BOOMERS: The Men and Women Who Promised Freedom and Delivered Disaster
- Stephen K. Bannon, host of Steve Bannon’s War Room
- Jeff Clark, Senior Fellow and Director of Litigation for the Center for Renewing America and former Acting Assistant Attorney General of the Department of Justice’s Civil Division
- Blake Masters, co-author of Zero to One, and former President of the Thiel Foundation
- Alexa Walker, Director of Coalitions at the Heritage Foundation
- Oren Cass, Executive Director of American Compass
- Jeff Sessions, former Attorney General of the United States and Senator from Alabama
- Saagar Enjeti, founder and host of Breaking Points
- Dr. Kevin Roberts, President of the Heritage Foundation
- Mark Meadows, former White House Chief of Staff and Congressman from North Carolina
- Paul Dans, Director of Project 2025 at the Heritage Foundation